Shredded Beef Carnitas
- 2 lbs Flank steak
- 1 Yellow onion, chopped into your favorite size
- 1 Jalapeño, seeded, chopped
- 1 Red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 Green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 1/2 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Onion powder
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- Corn or flour tortillas or both.
- Avocados, sliced
- Assortment of peppers. What’s your “hot” level?
- Cheese, optional
- Salsa or pico de gallo
- Jalapeño peppers, sliced
- Red onion or cabbage ( color )
Our 2012 Tempranillo
This wine demonstrates a brilliant deep garnet color, base to the rim. Aromas of raspberries, strawberries and soft leather lead into a rich palate much the same. Subtle tannins and a pleasant balance of light vanilla to red cherries make this a pleasantly approachable wine.
Our award-winning Tempranillo pairs well with grilled meats, garlic rich Italian cuisine or a hearty beef stew. What’s our favorite pairing? Grilled Porterhouse steak smothered with Double Crème Brie with Truffles, from Trader Joe’s and a loaded baked potato.
- Bronze Medal, 2017 San Franciso Chronicle International Wine Competition
- Silber Medal, 2017 Great American International Wine Competition
Spain is the kingdom of Tempranillo! Thick skin gives this grape deep color and rich tannins. Tempranillo is the backbone of the blends of Rioja. With flavors of spice, leather, tobacco leaves, and sometimes strawberry, this variety is both austere and complex. No wonder it is finding its niche with the American public.