Sangria is a simple and delicious way to serve a large gathering of friends and to save time, you can whip this up and chill the night before.
Remember to wash your citrus before juicing, as the rinds will be used in your beverage and grab and extra orange and lemon to slice and add before serving.
If you are using a carbonated beverage for ‘bubbles’, add only just before serving. As always, enjoy!
Spanish Summer Sangria
- 1.5 bottles Ruby Magdalena Vineyards Tempranillo, buy me here!
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 oranges, washed and juiced,
- 1 lemon, washed and juiced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cans lemon and lime soda or soda water, optional
- Extra orange and lemon slices for garnish
- After washing oranges and lemons, juice and set rinds aside.
- Dissolve sugar in water on low heat to create a clear simple syrup. Let cool.
- In a large pitcher or preferably a bowl, stir together the wine, simple syrup, orange juice and lemon juice. Add in the chunks of lemon and orange rind.
- Add cinnamon stick and chill for at least two hours or over night.
- Before serving, add ice to pitcher, pour sangria over ice and add soda for bubbles, if desired.
- Garnish with orange and lemon slices.